In the second round of the EEA Financial Mechanism/Norwegian Financial Mechanism, the Foundation was successful in being awarded funding in excess of a three-quarter million Euros. This money will be welcome help at twelve Czech hospitals (specifically, their neonatology departments).
In line with government resolution No. 1011 from October 13, 2003, an agreement on the participation of the Czech Republic in the EEA was signed, which, among other things, gave rise to a new financial mechanism through which the EFTA states will give financial support to newly acceding EEA countries during 2004 – 2009 for projects in the extended internal market. Moreover, Norway will also contribute aids through a special, bilateral "Norwegian financial mechanism".
For the project "Reduction of neonatal mortality through improving the quality of the national system of care for extremely premature infants", the Foundation Charter 77 attained 761'657 Euros. This subsidy will be used to buy 12 sets of equipment for the neonatology departments of partner hospitals (who will be able to cover 85% of the costs from the subsidy; the remaining 15% represent the hospitals' co-payment). Each partner will receive a set consisting of a heated resuscitation trolley, equipment for administering artificial lung ventilation to newborns, and a pulse oxymeter.